Monday, January 18, 2010

INSTANT GRITS AND VERBALLY ABUSING A RACIST

I'm sitting at my desk right now, eating Quaker instant grits. The butter flavor is terrible. Butter apparently means "salt, salt, SALT!".

Eh, whatever. I posted a rant on our writing blog HERE.

They make fun of me here at work because I eat grits and I'm part black. Not enough to get a scholarship, but you know, it's in there. My coworkers are racist, by the way.

The grits keep the nausea from the 5 bazillion pills I take in the morning down.

Haha, what perfect timing! My boss just stormed out of my office. Today is MLK day, and the jokes were flying last week. One driver made a comment on Friday about shooting "4 more this week so we can get the whole week off next year."

I lit him up. Lit. Him. Up. I'm about as un-PC as they come (I have nasty racial jokes for all races, including cracker), but he was serious, and overt racism makes me cranky.

So I informed him I'm part black, and he says he feels sorry for me. To which I respond that I don't have enough in me to get a scholarship, but enough to (have relations with) his white wife.

Seriously, y'all. You have no idea how much I usually avoid profanity and how much I hate the wife jokes. That and kids are about the only thing I leave alone when going back and forth with someone.

So the boss found the "4 more" comment hilarious and was e-mailing it all weekend. When I relayed the continued conversation just now, he became mildly agitated and left the office. Been gone about twenty minutes now.

Hehe. I'm probably in trouble, but these grits taste so good now. For some reason. Maybe because they're flavored so well with WIN.

4 comments:

  1. That last line is awesome. WIN tastes good on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. You tell em, Joe! I'm no good at rebuttals or confrontations, but good for you on making a stand against intolerance. It may not have been politic in how you handled it, but at least you said something.

    And I agree. WIN makes quite a few things taste of AWESOME.

    (Just had to add that my verify word was nowwon. I'd say that Jow has certainly now-won yet another confrontation. Hehehe.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. The w must like this post. It took over Joe's name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I love that line, Jaleh. You're just a big ol' ball of postivity and adorable, 'aintcha?

    ReplyDelete