Saturday, November 7, 2009

Welcome to the insanity!!!

WITH THREE WHOLE EXCLAMATION POINTS SO YOU KNOW IT'S IMPORTANT!!!

*pukes*

No degree of profanity can emphasize how much I hate the title of that post. So cliche'. Some idiot may even call it insensitive, which is the kind of idiocy an idiot would display. I'm crazy. I can call myself and my illness anything I danged well please, so go run into a wall until you pass out.

Idiot.

That assumes anyone actually reads this, of course. There are a small-to-moderate grouping of idiots in society: politicians, highway drivers when I'm late for work, protesters of anything (your stupid sign is not going to change the world, idiot), Yankees fans, those people who say Lebron James is going to New York, Ben Roethlisberger (if I cared about spelling his last name right, I would have looked it up. I don't, so I didn't), regular people who just happen to be idiots, etc. I doubt I get enough readers to actually warrant that cross-section of idiots.

As you have surmised by now, this blog will be my meanderings through Nutjobland. If you haven't surmised that, you are on the wrong floor. Behavioral health (read: too dumb to technically be crazy) is on the 6th floor of the Cleveland Clinic S building.

I'm telling you right now, the above is how I roll. Translation for our caucasian visitors: I sincerely hope I didn't offend you. I use politically incorrect humor or general crankiness from time to time. It doesn't mean I necessarily dislike that group or individual--except those mentioned in my idiots section--or don't feel their plight. I'm and equal opportunity annoyer. I hate and love just about everyone. Now back to regular speech. Whitey.

In all seriousness, about the only things you will not see me disparage are children, others' families, and victims of rape. My family is the only reason I wake up in the morning. I will not put anyone down anyone else's.

Some of my nonsense is going to spread awareness, blah blah, blah--I'll try to make you learn something. Some of it will be just rants. And I go to some very weird places when my mind is kicking the electrical jolt of thoughts to whatever random synaptic path it danged well chooses. I mean WEIRD.

I have family and friends--oh, okay, just family, as I have no friends--that read this site, so I will be tempering stuff to the best of my ability. I won't get vulgar, but I will get crass. I promise you that.

My wife will be a regular on here as we share nearly everything, including our writing blog, (shameless blog, er, plug, forthcoming) The Sharp Angle. Hopefully she'll add some insights of her own. Spouses of bipolar folk are actually referred to as caregivers, and are looked at the same from a medical perspective as those who are caregivers for other ailments. It is not an easy task, believe me. Of course, how can you believe me if I'm not the caregiver? Such conundrums keeps one up at night, do they not?

Welcome, check back often, and feel free to post. Don't worry about looking like a idiot. If you are, we can tell by your post. Or your Yankees hat.

(incidentally, if you caught I put "a" idiot, that does not necessarily make you not "an" idiot. Just grammatically aware. Though it's a good start...

11 comments:

  1. Joe's own blog. Armageddon has come. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end is near!!!

    (look, three ! ) lol. It's hard to say you have no friends when you have 5 followers. :P

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Armageddon has not come, Em. But I'm working on it.

    And Liz, not to turn down a compliment, but five whole followers? Not quite the 30-some on the blog where I'm "Just Lexi's Husband".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, Joe, that blog has been up for a while. Yours has been up for a day. Five followers in one day. Yeah, I'd say you have friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you can't say you didn't get any comments either. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I see you. And added you to my list I'm following. Boogedy Boogedy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this. I had a bi-polar grandfather (and at times I wonder about myself) who had also been diagnosed with several other mental illnesses; and I was very close to him and my grandmother so I have a pretty good understanding of the rifts it can cause in life.

    I'm looking forward to reading more. And by the by it was funny as h***. Didn't cuss. lol. I don't know whether you want it to be but I think a little comedy about such a serious subject goes a long way.


    Steve Denton
    aka S.C. Denton

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I didn't catch the "a" idiot thing, does that mean I'm an idiot? (I'm thinking it just means that I read it too fast.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope. You're an idiot, Brandi. Hate to break it to you. But that's the awful truth. It's okay though, many people who work in a large White House also are idiots, and they make millions of dollars.

    So...I think you're in good company.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI, Jaleh, I see you, too. And so does my pet Attack Chinchilla. Boogedy boogedy him!

    Thanks for the input, Steve. What a lot of people don't realize is that Bipolar is often misdiagnosed. Those other illnesses he had could have all been a part of it.

    I wouldn't say you're an idiot, Brandi. I meant that just because one catches it doesn't make them not an idiot. :)

    Liz, I thought you didn't drink. Guess I was wrong. :p

    ReplyDelete